Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Will your Ford Tech be able to help with my AirBag issue,

Customer Question

Hi Will your Ford Tech be able to help with my AirBag issue
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: cause we dont have the right tools or not even a Ford Dealership 2017 Ford F150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Downloaded the Forscan app on my mobile doesn't detect any error on the RCM ( Restrain Control Module )
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: it says no error found after I start the engine the Airbag light remains On not flashing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your air bag warning light is on this does indicate a code is set in the air bag computer for a fault with an air bag component.What has to be done from here is to obtain a scan tool or computer that can connect to your model to read all computers properly to see what codes are set in the air bag computer.If this is or has been done already and no codes are set then this can indicate a fault with the dash cluster itself needing repaired or a fault with the air bag computer itself sending a false signal to turn on this warning.This would unfortunately have to be tested further to locate which is the cause and then repaired from there.Being a 2017 model this should be covered under factory warranty to be repaired at no cost to you by a dealer.If a dealer is not near you I would contact Ford to see if they can authorize any other repair facilities to look into and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your answer, I know all this but my question is : Is there anything I can do to reset the airbag module. Found in some forums where they show that you can switch On and Off the ignition, wait like 4 or 5 seconds in between.... the module resets itself automatically....Does disconnecting the car battery will reset the airbag computer ?Any other trick to pinpoint where the issue is coming from.The fact that the light is not blinking, does that tells us something ? I was told the number of times it flashes gives you a number and that can be decoded but in my case, it simply comes back steady.Thank youAhmed

Your welcome

Unfortunately on this model here there is no manual way to reset it.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicles data port.There is no manual way to flash code read it either.This also has to be done with a compatible scan tool.The light staying on steady on its own or flashing indicates a fault has been detected within the air bag computer with an air bag component needing replaced so the light can flash or stay on steady to indicate there is an issue.The codes do need read out to help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete