UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need help on my Ford Focus 05. Handbreak warning light on…

Customer Question
Hello, I need help...

Hello, I need help on my Ford Focus 05. Handbreak warning light on and engine management light on, central locking not working nor with key and indicators internally aren't working, please help me out

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I have locked the whole car now manually, gone in locked all the doors and climbed through the boot. Now the car isn't opening? While driving the handbreak light is on, indicators not working and the engine light is on, I've looked at all the oils in the car they're all full to max and nothing else I have thought of trying

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it thankyou

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/18/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: john -aka eauto, mechanic replied 11 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, mechanic

IS the brake fluid full? the cables adjusted correct

UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 11 months ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok the fault is caused by a loose connector on the lower side of the fuse box in the passengers footwell

If you look upward in the passengers footwell you will see the bottom of the fuse box (done have a material cover which is held by 2 push clips ) if so remove this

Then inspect the 2 thin pull home type multiplugs and you will find one is loose(just not right home )

This is commonly caused by a bag or someone's foot catching the plug

Refit the loose plug and your fault will be resolved

And If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as is how iam

Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Day

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 10 months ago

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get on with my advice given regarding your issues

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian