UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The keyless entry on my 2013 Mazda 6 has stopped working.

Customer Question
The keyless entry on...

The keyless entry on my 2013 Mazda 6 has stopped working. Today I took it to a Mazda garage along with an additional problem that the satnav had stopped working to. They suggested that I needed a new SD card for the satnav. They quoted me for this and said I would think about it. Funnily enough when I got back into the car the satnav was working. Likewise they suggested the batteries in the key fob needed changing. This I have done but no difference the keyless entry still does not work. All this after I have paid for a diagnostic check. I work with electronics quite a bit and generally the first step is to kill the power and then reboot but not sure if I will lose a little t of other bits if I do so

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if I can. I have changed the batteries in both key fobs nothing else apart from taking it to the garage this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
9/15/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Is the central locks still working using the inside bottoms ?

did you check all fuses ?

dealer should have provided you with fault codes ,what were they ?

how did they determine you need the SD Card ?

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm fine thank you,hope you are good too.The central locking still works using the buttons on the key. The car even recognises the key as when you depress the clutch and press the stop start button the car starts. This is when the key is in your pocket/ handbagI haven't checked the fuses but nothing else is not working. Everything else seems fine, however I will checkI am not aware of any fault codes, certainly not been told of any by the dealerThe idea to replace the SD card was just a guess, a suggestion at best. When they quoted me £400 for a new one I suggested you could get at least three satnav for that price!

I agree with you , this guessed at it

check and let me know and if you get it scanned post the fault back here for me and i can pull up pin point troubleshoot and we can be sure

Try this master reset also in case was a glitch

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat