UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It wont start. the battery seems ok. central locking works…

Customer Question
It wont start. the...

It wont start. the battery seems ok. central locking works and all that

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No. I replaced them last year and the battery as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 xterra offroad

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

This morning was the first time it did this since last year nothing really. I was going to look at the fuses but the fuse puller wont pull out the fuel pump fuse only the 10 amp ones when i turn the key the lights on the dash come on and after a second if i leave the key turned fully the fuel gauge shows how much fuel is in there but the starter solenoid doesnt engage its a new starter motor from last year as well lol and new plugs last year and new air filter a month or so ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i did these repairs last year it was because it had that problem where it will crank but not start that is supposed to be attributable to the cold. You put a hair dryer on the ecm for 10 mins and it usually goes or sometimes a battery booster helped as well. but after i replaced the battery and summer came it all settled down and gave no problems until this morning

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/15/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, with starter not engaging, it wont be the fuel pump.

Possible causes are the starter cut relay, immobilizer relay, immobilizer system, PNP switch, ignition switch, or new starter failed prematurely.

I will need the vin number to pull the starting schematics to walk you thru testing