UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I,would need to adjust the headlights from my SSR 2004. The…

Customer Question
Hi, I,would need to...

Hi, I,would need to adjust the headlights from my SSR 2004. The adjust screw in the front on the lower part of the light works fine but I would like to know how I can adjust the upper part af the headlights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevrolet SSR. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thanks, ***** ***** for now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

On this model there is no horizontal adjustment.If horizontal is off from what is should be a head light may be damaged or head light bracket damaged or front body damage may have occurred causing this issue here.Below are the instructions for alignment for this head light system and it shows at step 9 that no horizontal adjustment is needed or can be done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvfqo8wdtwzvi00/hea-09-14.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks but this info I have myself. I need to know how I can adjust the upper lightbulb, not the lower one
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago

Unfortunately that is all of the info I show on this myself here.I will have to see if anyone else here can help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 8 months ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

Hi Tim,
Is mynquestion Clearstream to you ?

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

www.dropbox.com/s/c7y9d34dxrzjtrp/0914-ssr-HEADLAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7y9d34dxrzjtrp/0914-ssr-HEADLAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

My car repair guy claims the screw to which is referred in the manual only adjusts the lower lamp and not the higher lamp.

it adjust the main lamps

tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic