UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am a disabled driver of a S320 CDI and I have for some…

Customer Question
I am a disabled...

I am a disabled driver of a S320 CDI and I have for some reason lost the use of my radio, sat nav, and all things on my internal screen. It just give me a notice not available or something like that and switches off again every time I try to switch it on. I am very frustrated and have tried everything to get my radio and sat nav back anybody pleas give me advice Thank you Elijah.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Comes with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

S320 cd12004

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S320?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have some ability so will try but my disability is very bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just how can i get it working

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it telling you device unavailable or is it saying something else?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a compatible scan tool or code reader?

Let me know,thanks Pete

I had problems with a parking sensor and garage re-set, no malfunction to day except a turn indicator issue change all bulbs but still says needs bulb. But it the Nav/radio/ that is my major concern it just lights screen the says service not available and it goes of again. It was working fine before yersterday.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago

O.k., on your vehicle here your radio is tied into other possible components that work with the radio like the cd changer,sound amplifier,hands free phone ,voice commands all depending on what is equipped.Now when one of these components fails ( including the radio itself) you will see the fault you are seeing here now.

What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes then set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

In some cases it can be the radio itself that can fail suddenly needing replaced.But any of these components can fail suddenly and causes this issue here unfortunately and the codes do need checked using either a dealers sds machine plugged into your vehicle or a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers to then be able to locate and repair this issue.

I would say most common is a faulty cd changer needing replaced ( if equipped ) or the radio itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete