Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Have just replaced the transmission control moduel and when

Customer Question

have just replaced the transmission control moduel and when I went to start the car the auto gearbox diplay is showing 1 gear when in park or nuteral
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yet battery is fully charged if I put old moudual on it starts but showing a output speed sensor issue
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: ml 2003
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fixing my self. have replaced the conductor plate and replaced the coupling between the gearbox and harnes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you install the new control module the control module has to be coded.This has to be done with a dealers sds machine.If this is not done you may see an issue like this here.Below are the instructions on replacing this control module.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opyuwfit0vi2v74/c-09-14.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvns216io84ty1j/co-09-14.gif?dl=0

If this was done already and this issue is occuring make sure you installed the correct part number control module and if this is all o.k. then I suspect the new replacement control module you installed is faulty.I have seen new and used control modules faulty in some cases when installed and you would need to obtain another one either used or if new under parts warranty from the facility you had purchased it from.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete