UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The heater in my 2013 Seat Leon Cupra is not working, just…

Customer Question
The heater in my...

The heater in my 2013 Seat Leon Cupra is not working, just blowing out cold air. The car is not low on water and is keeping its temperature. Any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

I do not have problems with flat tyres, but I must have a slow puncture as one tyre does loose air and I have to refill every 2/5 weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Seat Leon 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hopefully ourselves, nothing as we have no idea. The car is top of the range with every extra, but is not bringing up any warning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/14/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This may be an issue with a restricted heater core.With the engine running and fully warmed up and heater on locate both heater hoses going into the firewall to the interior heater core.Both should feel very warm to hot to the touch and the same in temp feel.If one is hot and the other is allot cooler then the heater core is restricted and needs flushed or replaced.If they are both hot then this can be an issue with the temperature actuator on the heater/ac box itself under the dash with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete