EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Lincoln MKT: Heater blows cool air on passenger side on 2011

Customer Question

Lincoln MKT: Heater blows cool air on passenger side on 2011 same problem as article
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The reason for this is the passenger blend door actuator. THere is one for both sides. Left and right. If one is not changing the temperature properly it needs to be replaced.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need the part number to order and would be help to have step by step to get to that area.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as per previous answer Expert: Ronnie replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.In most cases the problem you are describing is caused by a failed Blend door actuator, your 2010 has a RH side and a LH side and in your cases the RH side has likely failed . To replace it you will need to remove the upper part of the instrument panel . See the actuator steps HERE and the instrument panel HERE. Its a pretty good size job to replace and if you have not done this before you may want to consider having it done.

Ok. Let me grab the part number please.

The part number is ***** from Lincoln. They can be purchased after market as well.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.