UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ok I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2002, I lost the key fab. I…

Customer Question
Ok I have a Nissan...
Ok I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2002, I lost the key fab. I have another key but when I try to use it the alarm goes off and the car won't start. No lights just horn and chimes and car cranks but won't start
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Jay, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Which lights are flashing exactly?

No
Lights are not flashing.
Security light is flashing and stays on when trying to start the car

Oh.. So the security light turns solid when you turn the key to the ON position?

I am on my way home from work.. Be back online in about 1/2 hour or so. Sorry for the delay...

Thank you.. If the security light is ON solid when the key is in the ON position, that means that the key you are using to try to start the truck is not programmed. So you would need to call a Mobile Locksmith to come out and program the key for you. At the same time, if he can cut another key for you, so that key can be programmed for you as well, you would be back up to having 2 keys for the vehicle.

But that is what you will need to do to resolve your issue I am afraid.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Any locksmith can program the key? I am in Brazil ����

You may want to call around to Mobile Locksmiths to see if they do key programming. Most do now..

I just got a fab that is supposed to be for the car it looks the same as the one I had before. Can I program this somehow to unlock the alarm?

The remote is easy to program. But you need to have a working key to program it.. I have a video on how to do that.. Hang on..

ignore I put the key in and out the hazards flash, I turn the key and the Dash goes on, I press the button on the remote but nothing happens. Is that because it's not a programmed key?

Those steps only program the remote. Not the key. You need a scanner to program the key.