UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need BCM security code for dealership to program new key.

Customer Question
Need BCM security code...

Need BCM security code for dealership to program new key. Dealership here in UK can't find out what it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
Car is HSV GTO, similar to Monaro VZ.
2005
9/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I am not sure if I have that in my database, but I will need the 17 digit vin number in order to check

This is from the V5 - 6G1ZX14U15L483201
Thought you were in Australia. Here in the UK the car is a 2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR 6.0.
Same car, different badges!

HI,

I checked and do not have it. If another expert does, they will post here.

Ok. Thanks.
I have found a way to program the key to the car without the BCM code after a bit of research on the internet - a method unknown to the UK dealership.
The BCM code might still be useful in the future but the immediate need is now over.

glad you found it