Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

207cc boot jammed. my car's computer registers it as 'boot

Customer Question

207cc boot jammed. my car's computer registers it as 'boot open' when i drive yet i cannot open it - it seems caught on the latch.
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 207cc year 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried unlocking/locking...taken the fuse out of central locking system to try and manual override...i have tried sitting on the boot to fully close it and try to re open it again... i can hear the mechanism trying to open but it just wont budge
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes it is, though sometimes the boot lock has gotten jammed in the locked position whilst open but i didnt think this was it as the car computer says its open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately usually what happens and causes this issue here is the latch itself.It fails mechanically keeping the boot closed as you see it is here with the latch needing replaced.Or there is a piece of cloth or debris in the latch causing it to be stuck like this here.

Unfortunately this usually requires a lock smith or technician to come out and use their tools to try and open the latch to replace it.In allot of cases they have to drill out the lock cylinder to then try and use their tools to open the latch,check the latch for damage and replace it as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete