David Gieswein
David Gieswein,
Experience:  Automotive technician at Doug Gray Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep
94072907

96 civic ek wire diagram from fuse 13 to inertia switch,

Customer Question

96 civic ek wire diagram from fuse 13 to inertia switch, because i have only 1V at inertia switch, but have 12V at fuse 13
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: Don't have one
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am. I have bought a second hand Main relay, because the one there was in the car where fried, and when im mesuring for power om Main relay, i get 12V from battery, but only 1V from ign, so dont have enough power to activate relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car had been driven for about 2-3 miles and then i turned off, when i came back the car won't start and i have checked all fuses
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Tour-de-UK replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this fuse #13 in the under dash fuse relay box?

And is this a yellow/green wire at pin #5 of the PGM-FI relay located behind right side of dash?

Shown in this wiring diagram.

Is that the correct fuse and wire?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
fuse box under dash, but the wire diagram you found is for a civic ej, not Civic ek. But i have searched a bit more on what the fault could be, and i found that i get 12v on the ground wire to the Main relay, and on the engine block when the key is turned to ignition

If you get 12 volt on the ground wire than means the ground wire is open and most likely unhooked.

All of those wiring diagrams are probably the same.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Wire diagram you send is for Civic eg/ej and is not the same as Civic ek. So i will still be searching in blind as i do now

probably because this isn't exported to the USA. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh forgot to mention that it is a eudm civic
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help. If you have 12v on the engine block, use a pair of jumper cables and hook one end to the neg battery and the other to the engine block. If the issue goes away, you have a bad engine ground. You can also try locating your engine grounds and reseating/check them. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is solved, cleaned all the ground cabels and spots on the engine and chassis with sandpaper

Excellent, glad I can help. Please take a minute to rate me for helping you and thank you for using justanswer.com!

Please rate me so I can paid for helping you. Thanks