UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a feeling that my pt has rev counter stop as as soon…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a feeling that my pt has rev counter stop as as soon as it gets to 3000 rpm it won't go any further what mean 80mph speed. Can't go any more

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

PT Cruiser 2006 2.2 crd touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I didn't do anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But if need to fix it will be by mechanics

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
9/11/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is a new issue that did not occur before in the past this can be due to a lack of fuel to the engine due to a restricted fuel filter or an issue with something like a plugged exhaust component needing checked into.It may also be that a crank shaft sensor relearn has to be done with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicles data port to do this relearn.Usually one of these is the cause here that will correct this fault.

If this has always been this way then this may be the way the engine is designed as some models are limited to certain speeds and rpm's.It seems to me it should rev higher and drive faster so I would have the crank position learn relearned by someone or a shop/garage with a compatible scan tool or computer and if the issue still occurs then I would have the fuel system tested and exhaust for any issues.One of these will be the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli