tracker40
tracker40, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Electrical specialist, 35 years full auto repair
13677702

I´m, and have a Chrysler Crossfire 2004 aut. The problem is

Customer Question

Hi - I´m Tom , and have a Chrysler Crossfire 2004 aut.
The problem is - the check Engine lamp never comes on when I turn on the ignition.
I have checked the bulb and it was ok.
I have it at a Chrysler dealer shop - and they can´t find out what´s wrong.
I will be very happy for your help......thank´s....Tom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  tracker40 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, if bulbs changed just to be sure? this leaves only a couple other possibles. One I lean to more than the other. The light is illuminated via the PCM ( computer) If vehicle is running ok, everything else ok? then that pretty much rules out many things but. the lack of the light? I highly suspect the instrument cluster. It is a computer/logic module and the internal circuit driver for the check engine light has failed. Not possible to be 100%. I am not there and would require in depth diagnosis with cluster removed, but I lean to bulb first, then cluster 2nd, PCM 3rd. I have only seen maybe 2 computers in past 35 years doing this that failed to turn on the check engine light thus why I feel the cluster is bad, as long as bulb was swapped out, ruling it out and if so? the cluster IMO is the culprit.It has to be one of the 3 items I mentioned