UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have xc60 that will not start. the error tells me to turn…

Customer Question
I have xc60 that...

I have xc60 that will not start. the error tells me to turn steering wheel and try again, steering locked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

The xc60 has a key fob ignition.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC60?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have already replaced the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When the fob goes in a clicking noise is heard at the steering column and the passenger footwell.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
9/13/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I believe there is a failure with the ignition and steering interlock system, but I will need the last 8 of the vin number in order to pull the schematics and verify