Gary
Gary,
Experience:  Senior Technician at Motorama City Holden
84449473

I have a 2008 L200 petrol 122000 Km. I had the cam and

Customer Question

I have a 2008 L200 petrol 122000 Km. I had the cam and balance shaft belts replaced by a qualified mechanic. The engine now has a vibration which it did not have before. I took it back to the garage, they removed all the covers and found that all the settings are according to specifications. They are baffled. Can you please help.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: The vehicle starts and runs OK. I have not done any mileage since the belts were changed so I cant comment on gas usage.
JA: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not fixing it myself. I am looking for a solution so I can take it back to the garage so they can fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The mechanic who did the work is very experienced and honest I trust him, he has done a lot of repairs to our family vehicles over a period of many years.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello there,

Sounds like the balance shaft timing is incorrect.

Produces a horrible vibration at about 2500-3000 rpm.

Ask them did they take the bolt out of the side of the block for balance shaft alignment.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Will get back to you once I have contacted the Mechanic.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I'll be here for you.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Gary,
The problem with Just answer is: 1) It is expensive. 2) there is good quality competition available which is Free. 3) I asked you a question but did not receive an answer. What I got from you was a question. In the mean time I tried You Tube and received an audio/video answer which solved my problem. Just Answer promotes a 7 day free trial but has deducted R240 from my bank account. Now put yourself in by shoes and you rate this service. Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

Hi Colin,

You asked a question, for which I replied with my own experiences of which I have seen a few times. I asked you to ask your mechanic whether they did the procedure I asked.

All the experts on here get a percentage of the question price, like all workers do.

We strive to give accurate information, and have excellent feedback from the majority of customers. Many are multi use customers.

I would say your problem was man made by your mechanic, and that's why they couldn't fault what they had done.

Odd you found an answer on Youtube, considering they are mainly backyard mechanics.

I guess the main thing is, your car is fixed.

All the best to you.

Gary