Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

P027246 in 220CDI w212 comes on evry 5..50 kmS? S212 E220

Customer Question

Hi, P027246 in 220CDI w212 comes on evry 5..50 kmS?
JA: What is the model of your '50 Mercedes?
Customer: S212 E220 cdi, year 2012..
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Injector cleaning additive in fuel. Seems not to help..
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts and runs ok. P0272 puts the motor into limp mode, gives 65% max. output.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My obd reader says: Teach-in of the parameters for cylinder 4 has malfunction. There is an error in the calibration or parameterization memory.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hi im kevin has any work been carried out recently ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought the car from Germany 3 months ago. It had 265000km. I drove 3000 km and then this p0272 started to pop up every 5..60 KMS of driving. Car starts and runs ok when check engine light is off. I do not know about previous repair work.
Jukka (from Finland..)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Ok this code basically means that the engine control system has picked up that it can no longer adjust fuelling to keep smooth running within spec .the most common cause for this is a failing injector .the easiest way to prove is to have injector removed for testing