UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear hatch on my PT Cruiser unlocks intermittently when…

Customer Question
The rear hatch on...

The rear hatch on my PT Cruiser unlocks intermittently when I am driving. Or it simply won't latch properly when I shut it, so I have to slam it hard, which can't be helping in the long term. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, though it has been going on for a while. It is getting worse.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your PT Cruiser?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not terribly skilled. The problem disappeared for a while after I cleaned around the lock mechanism, but then came back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
9/7/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Based upon the symptoms, the locking actuator control is faulty and needs to be replaced. Directions are attached

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.