sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a diesel 2015 rav4 and the check awd system is

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a diesel 2015 rav4 and the check awd system is showing on the display
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: It was serviced 4500 miles ago
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I resèt the computer by disconnecting the battery but comes on again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The dpf service is also on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The warning is being displayed because the module that controls the all wheel dive system has seen a failure and set fault codes. There are several things that could be wrong and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. The most common cause would be the transfer case motor but it could also be a wiring problem or even the module itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

If you're still under basic warranty then diagnosing and repairing the issue will be covered at your dealer.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!