Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

2011 DODGE RAM WE ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE ELECTRONIC

2011 DODGE RAM WE ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE ELECTRONIC WINDOW ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. YOU CAN HERE THE MOTOR RUNNING BUT IT WILL NOT GO UP OR DOWN .
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: THERE IS A STREAK DOWN THE WINDOW WHERE IT HAS BEEN RUBBING WHEN IT DOES WORK. WE HAVE TAKEN PART OF THE DOOR PANEL OFF AND LIFTED THE WINDOW MANUALLY, BUT IT IS NOT ALL THE WAY UP AND WE CAN'T PULL IT UP ANYMORE???? ANY SUGGESTIONS THANK YOU SANDRA
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES WE ARE TRYING TO FIX THE RAM OURSELVES. WE HAVE TAKEN THE PANEL OFF SO FAR
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOT REALLY. WE ARE JUST CONCERNED ABOUT THE ELECTRONIC WHEN TAKING THE REST OF THE DOOR PANEL OFF

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fault you are seeing here is a faulty window regulator.The regulator is the device that the window connects to that lifts and lowers the window with the motor.The regulator fails needing replaced.The regulator is the component that the window attaches to.

You will need to purchase a new window regulator from either a dealer or local parts store.Locate the bolts or clips that the regulator uses to attach to the window glass and remove them.Then remove the regulator and remove the motor from it and replace the regulator.

Usually to bypass it for now to get the window up you would need to cut the window regulator cables or disconnect the glass from it then slide the window up by hand and use blocks inside the door to hold it up or tape on the outside of the vehicle to hold the window up.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete