Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I replaced clutch and trans on a 2005 ford focus. with brand

I replaced clutch and trans on a 2005 ford focus. with brand new clutch it is slipping. now the weird part been driving for about 2 mos with slipping issue. we have removed clutch and there is no signs of burning. everything looks ok. what should I be looking at? could master, or slave cyl not be releasing. slave cylinder is new master is not

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you did not have the fly wheel/flex plate resurfaced this should have been done and needs done usually every time the clutch is replaced.If this is uneven it can cause the slip issues you are seeing here.

If this is o.k. it can be the clutch pressure plate at fault.If it was not replaced this needs done and if it was replaced it may be weak/faulty needing replaced again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the only thing we didn't do was resurface flywheel. clutch was actually replace shortly before trans went out but figured with trans out we would replace it. guess we'll have to replace flywheel. the only thing that makes sense. clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing were replaced. the only thing is I thought there would be signs of slipping clutch, I could not see any burning or clutch smell.

In some cases you may not see signs of it slipping on the flywheel and it can still slip on it.I would have this re surfaced or replaced since all other components were replaced and are working.The only other thing I see is possibly a faulty pressure plate needing replaced again under parts warranty from the company it was purchased from.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I agree with everything you are saying, thought maybe I was missing something. Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
after looking very closely, we find that slave cylinder is no good. binding up. gotta love brand new parts that are junk. thanks again

I am happy to hear the fault has been located.Unfortunately new parts can be faulty when new/installed.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yea happens way to often

It does seem that way sometimes.