Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Rear axle citroen c4 picasso noisy. diagnosed as needing

rear axle citroen c4 picasso noisy. diagnosed as needing foam injection treatment. car 27000 miles. not yet subject to recall. is this a common problem? 3 to 4 years old
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: hn63 url..have to rush off now to meet wife!
JA: What year is your Citroen?
Customer: citroen c4 picasso vtr 1600cc petrol dec 13
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts fine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: garage says not unusual problem.citroen recommend foam injection to cure about 400to 500£. only citroen dealers do this treatment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: hartwells citroen say have had problem 3x with other cars. only 27000 miles. have not rung citroen uk yet. may have to take car back to original seller richmonds of portsmouth. Hartwells want to charge 108£ per hpour to diagnose but we know what is needed from my local own garage

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What happens is the injectors do become dirty and causes this issue here.The fuel usually causes this.On some models it is recommended to have the fuel treatment done every couple of years and some models even once a year to prevent any issues with the injectors.But unfortunately this is common especially on low mile vehicles that are a few years old.The less it is driven the more build up the injectors can obtain internally.Usually higher engine rpm/higher speed driving will prolong the injectors as allot of stop and go driving can cause build up issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot understand why the rear suspension / axle has anything to do with fuel injection.have you seen this problem with picassos? Should this be happening after 27000 miles?

Is the foam injection treatment the treatment they want to do with the rear suspension or is the issue that you are seeing is with the rear suspension and the shop/garage wants to clean the injectors?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The first is correct

O.k.,I apologize as I thought we were talking about the injectors as shops will do a cleaning treatment to the injectors.

The suspension issues on this model were a common fault and on some models the manufacturer would even help with the repairs due to the common fault.A dealer can tell you if they will help with the costs for repairs if your model and year vehicle falls into a certain range that they have for this.

But suspension dampners would fail and models with the air supension the air shocks/struts would leak causing issues as well.

Unfortunately these suspension issues were a common problem and the correction they are doing will correct the issue.You can ask them that however that since it is a common fault if they can help with the costs as they may in some cases.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete