UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Door lock barrel turns dior will.not unlock central locking…

Door lock barrel turns...

Door lock barrel turns dior will.not unlock central locking does not work dead locks on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

Bmw x5 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went to it to go to work. Put key in lock just turns round. Heard something drop inside door.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Recovery people hear now tried to break in. Dead locks on so with pulling handle inside tge soors still do not open

8/17/2017
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately it sounds like the lock barrel rod has come loose from the barrel or the lock/latch assembly and has caused this fault here.In some cases if the recovery people cannot get into this door they may have to try another door then see if you can get in to open the affected door then the door paneling removed to reinstall the rod or repair/replace the damaged component.They will have to access the vehicle from another door to then be able to remove this door paneling to access the components to repair this fault unfortunately.This is the only way to gain access for this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

With dead locks on a bwm x5 no doors open. They tried all doors before i asked the question. There is no fail safe sectet lock to passenger soor or boot and boot latch is in the boot. After 5 experts break down people recovery people etc they all said smash a window however this geta entry to a car but not disarm tge deas kocks and the door card inside being so ckose to drivers seat without door open it does not come off. Rand boston lincs bwm garage who werw not helpful saying also smash a window. Order a new key. My answer being how do you program key to car if you can not get in. Another saying change batteties in key. Again not helpful as they are a sealed key that shoukd charge in the egnition when driving. I came to you again info not helpful. Being specialists with a lockes car you should know withbdeas locks on no doors open. Thankfully the car is now in kings lynn norfolk bmw who with 5 mechanics specialise in bmw with all correct tools can not get in the car. £411 to smash drivers window and replace to gain access to computer to disable imoboliser they they opted away from this option knowing i still then have to fox door lock so drilled out door lock to open the drivers door can only be done at main dealer who know what they are doing saving a window smash added cost as the soor lock was broken anyway still just over £600 including the bmw diagnostic fee of £99. I am telling you this to hopefully assist you in giving good information to another person with similar problem.

Thanks for the update.I will keep this in mind for future reference.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Latest update is key and door lock can onlt come from germany so to advice people up to two weeks to get car back on road once key and lock arrive. A main bmw dealer only can get key ordered and offer a curtosy car while fixing yours

Usually only a dealer can obtain the key.In some cases they can order it in over night but in this case it looks like it takes a bit to get here.

If you need anything else on this let me know.

Thanks Pete