Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Peugot 207 anti pollution safety warning displaying and

Customer Question

peugot 207 anti pollution safety warning displaying and engine light showing ? garage tells me wiring problem and that harnessing needed ? cost £3000 -how can that be !
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: no stalling -garage reported water in the fuse box so new fuse box installed but that did not solve problem
JA: What year is your 207?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no idea how to ! have taken it to garage who quoted £3000 for harnessing the electrics whatever that may be -car not worth that but is running well notwithstanding
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats about it thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

hello

if you have a check engine light on then there should be a stored fault code and this will help point to the issue and solve the problem

to get an anti pollution message as well then this points to a fault to either the catalyst or the exhaust O2 sensors

to come out with you need a new wiring harness seems a bit strange as the 1st fix , but the price seems reasonable as the parts are about £800 and its a few days work to completely strip it out then replace the loom

I'd say its probably best to try another garage who can pull the code and work to that 1st