UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] garage is saying that the skidding car light…

Second opinion] garage is...

Second opinion] garage is saying that the skidding car light that has come up on my dash is related to the brake preasure sensor circuit failure. They are quoting 1650 including labout to fix. I cant get through mot with light on the dash appearantly? any thoughts would be appreciated..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No. when garage plugged it in they said it was logging it as a genuiine fault? are you saying it could be just a fault on the dash?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 c/max deisal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. car went in for MOT and service on saturday. I have just spoken to them this morning. they said it was bad news...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont think so.

8/14/2017
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

Before you go ahead on any repairs ,get me the malfunction codes from the ABS system .

Greg

The abs light didn't come on. Just the eps or esp light. Garage said it was code c1288. Brake pressure sensor circuit failure.

Okay good thank you .

Yes this is a big problem with Fords ABS system . Its a well known problem where one has to replace the ABS module .

But not all is lost you can have it repaired at a fraction of the price .

Please >>>click<<< here for link .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg
..

Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
where can i find the part number required? ford were charging my garage £1380 including the vat for the parts! The garage said it was both the abs fuel pump and the valve body. When i look online i can only see abs fuel pumps and they cost around £250. It is a ford cmax (2008) 1.8 TDCI. Would this valve body be a part of the pump and included with the unit for 250 or is it a seperate part to buy?

The ABS and module are one part .

Check the link i sent and it shows you where the part number is *****

Greg

I am looking on eBay and you can buy the abs module from 20 quid up to 250? Is this something I can do and get my garage to fit? Is it likely to solve the problem? You can buy them direct from the link you sent me too. Ford were charging £1200 for the part. Does this seem likely or is the garage scaming me. I always trusted them up till now. The repair won't work for me as I need the car everyday.

If you buy from ford then you are going to pay brand name .

The link i sent i would buy from .

Parts like this forget ebay .

Greg

Hi Greg. I have found a garage that will replace the part and do install for 300. They are using an old ford pump. I guess this is a risk but I can't afford time without car or full ford price. Does this seem ok to you? Also I have noticed an extra fan noise from the engine starting up when I accelerate usually kicks in around the 2000 rpm mark. Pound as I accelerate but reduces as speed levels out. Is this linked to the pump issue? Will it stop when I get the new pump?
Pound should be loud.

Can only but try .

Greg