UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Lost the remote for it. Have the key. Wasn't a problem for

Lost the remote for it...
Lost the remote for it. Have the key. Wasn't a problem for months until the battery died. When it got charged up it reactivated the alarm and anti-theft. Can't start the car. Asked the dealer but have to pay them to send someone out and can't do that until payday. FYI In the Philippines. Asian market Hyundai.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No. It is all good. Lights come on, alarm sounds, everything is normal but can't deactivate with only the key and no remote. I know there is a way but the dealer won't tell me. They want to send someone out.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: And it is a relatively new battery. 2011, Hyundai Tuscon. It does not have a starter button. Key start only.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well we charged the battery up. I can get in and out of the car with the key. All lights work. I followed some instructions on google but they don't work. Said to put key in starter, let the alarm sound. When it quits go to accessory wait ten seconds and then it should start and the alarm will stay deactivate. Didn't work. Alarm stops and then restars within 3-4 seconds
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only one thing. One stupid neighbor pulled the wire on the alarm horn. can' can't find where to reconnect it.
Appreciate any help. Lot of good mechanics here but they are good with old cars, not knew ones. Hyundai dealer wants a lot to send a mechanic out and can't afford it until payday which is the 24th. Just stumbled upon you guys through duck, duck, go search engine. Google gave me pages and pages of crap, wrong advice and people giving advice on other cars. Thanks so very much if you can help me.
FYI: Email and text are fine ways to respond to me. Going to have to log off here for a bit.
8/14/2017
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or interior lock and unlock buttons.In some cases this works.If this was already tried on some models you put the key in the ignition and turn on the ignition and leave it like this for 5 minutes and this corrects the fault.If neither of these work here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete. Thanks for the response. I have tried unlocking and locking the doors with the key. I will try cycling with the internal door locks. I had tried turning on the ignition (per some recommendations on Google0 for about 1.5 to 2 minutes. That did't help I'll try leaving the ignition on for 5 minutes. No harm in trying that. Let you know what happens.
It will be tomorrow before I can try that. It is night here in the Philippines.

Your welcome

Let me know how this turns out when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Tried cycling all the door locks. they do lock and unlock from the drivers door. Tried the wait 5 minutes and then try to start but no luck. The alarm stops for a few seconds and then restarts. Still can't start the engine. Will have to get the battery charged up again, because it is starting to run down again after many, many attempts. lights work doors work, flashers work (when the alarm is triggering) everything works except it won't start. I suspect it is something with the alarm circuits but of course can't be certain. Any other ideas?
UPDATE: Have a neighbor who knew a automobile electician. He was able to fix the problem for the time being by disabling the alarm system. If we can ever get the remote back from my friend it can be reenable. Problem solved for now though.

That is great to hear.If there is anything else I can help with on this let me know as I strive to achieve a 5 star rating.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli