UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own z3700 2011 soft top. There is metallic noises from the…

Customer Question
Thanks. I own z3700...

Thanks. I own z3700 2011 soft top. There is metallic noises from the soft top when open or close.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Nissan?

My z370 is I believe grand touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , in the official service in my country. They have tried a few spray s to prevent nosiness but, no success

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
8/7/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The metallic noise can indicate a fault with a soft top bow being bent or its connector loose needing replaced.I have seen this as a major cause for a noise issue like this here.I have also seen loose mounts for the soft top cause this issue.

If these were not checked for any issues this needs done to see if a fault is found.If this was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete,
My name is***** believe that is not the case since the official dealer replaced my soft top itself and the and the control system due to fault.
So, when they have replaced the soft top itself, all parts have been checked, after all they are the official representative of Nissan in our country.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you hear the noise in a specific area?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are from the right side of the soft top cabin or from the back trunk.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete