UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had my car serviced (not the regular tech). Now I'm

Customer Question
Hey. I had my...

Hey. I had my car serviced (not the regular tech) . Now I'm getting the routine maintenance required

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2015 asx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I pressed the info button and held it down for 5 seconds (info from google)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
8/7/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 11 months ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Not a big problem , Its just that the tech forgot to reset the maintenance light .

Here is what to do .

• The “- – – -” display can be reset while the ignition switch is “OFF”. When the display is reset, the time until the next periodic inspection is displayed and “PERIODIC INSPECTION” is no longer displayed when the ignition is switched from “OFF” to “ON”.
  • Press the INFO button a few times until the information screen switches to service reminder display screen.
  • Press and hold the INFO button a few seconds to display wrench symbol and make it flash
  • When the wrench icon is flashing, press and hold INFO button until “CLEAR” is displayed on the display.
  • Start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Hi .

A video to better explain .

>>>>https://youtu.be/GlsbnxI06Bg<<<<

Greg