Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Navara 2.5 Outlaw. Has been sitting on drive for months,

Customer Question

Navara 2.5 Outlaw.
Has been sitting on drive for months, tried to start, nothing. Battery must be flat, jump start, no ignition lights. Then i noticed red NATS light blinking. Tried "escape from lock mode" several times and with all the keys, nothing.
HELP !!!!!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and see if any cables and connections leading to the battery are loose or corroded in any way as this can cause this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi
Nothing wrong with connections etc. Tried another battery, still no joy. Just a flashing dash light. Tried key process, on/off on/off, again no change.
What next.??????
Roy

O.k.,since a replacement battery was tried or installed and the flashing dash light occurs this sounds like it is in a security lock out mode.I have seen this occur before with a dead or weak battery issue which may have been the start of this fault.

The theft system has to be relearned to resolve this issue here.This is done by a dealer or authorized repair facility with access to programming to have this done.

Unfortunately this is the next step for this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete