UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2 new batteries on my sl500, 2003 but when I start…

Customer Question
I have 2 new...

I have 2 new batteries on my sl500, 2003 but when I start the car, if it sits for like 2 hours, the message saying that the consumers electronics are disabled

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

The battery is new, it came from Mercedes and I am guessing it's fully charged. I have done like 300 kms last week in total the headlights go on, the radio works, etc But the parking sensors don't work, the roof doesn't work, until the the car "thinks" the battery is ate normal level again so I need to drive like 10 km before everything is working normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, they installed the battery in service shop I did nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nop

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
8/6/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to an issue with a battery control unit or sam control unit.What has to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will then need diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete