UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have Astra twin top 51 plate tried to put roof down tday…

Customer Question
I have Astra twin...

I have Astra twin top 51 plate tried to put roof down tday but when u press button it beeps as if u haven't got key fob on u

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jus followed manual checked blind in boot checked roll bars secure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything else on car works perfect

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
8/6/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

There are many causes for roof not working on AH Twintop.

From broken wires in the LH hinge, low fluid, faulty relays, position sensors etc.

Will have codes set in the roof module.

Best for a GM Opel tech to diagnose further.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary