Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I took my car to garage because the lights on the panel said

Customer Question

I took my car to garage because the lights on the panel said there was a chassis error. It was my and breaks an animal had chewed them. They don't have the part in so I was told to bring the car back when they did. However, I just moved my car on the drive and noticed what looked like a trail of water which had clearly leaked from my car and it was knowhere near the back inside left tire where the animal had chewed the wire on the abs. Now I wonder if the water was the coolant leaking and that an animal may have chewed that also. Is this possible and does it sound like a complaint
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: It seemed to be coming from the middle nearer the front.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Qashqai
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: L reg
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No tried just going to the Nissan garage would not know what to do myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but I might have more questions once I have discussed this with the mechanic
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi..there..

If its clear colourless water near the front centre area of the car ..then it will be your A/C drain "Air conditioning"..which is totally normal during or after use as it expells the condenstation and moisture build up from the evaporator....so nothing to worry about..hope this helps