UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The spoiler goes up on its own randomly? 2006? its only just…

Customer Question
The spoiler goes up...

The spoiler goes up on its own randomly ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its only just started happening ...also for no reason it will start flashing the four ways / no alarm just flashing ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes they turn on, this happenes when it is parked, but yesterday I drove 6 miles and parked up at a café/ 1/2 hour later returned to find the spoiler up and the car would not turn over/ had to get a jump ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

..nope that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 4 days by:
8/9/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 8 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with a control unit/ecu.You may have a component like a body control module sending false signals due to being shorted out.This can also cause a battery drain and in some cases can be an intermittent fault.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed and repaired to then locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli