sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a problem with my cruise on a 2009 x-trail T-31 ,the

Customer Question

Hi there, i have a problem with my cruise on a 2009 x-trail T-31 ,the set lamp starts flashing after a short time of use, and then it won`t work before i stop and start the car. I read about the cancel switch down by the brake pedal, is that a common failure?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No, i haven`t checked that upclose but i cant`t see mutch corrosion there, i will check it out.
JA: What is the model of your '09 Nissan?
Customer: it is a dci 173 hp
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i fix it by myself,but i haven`t tried anything with this yet,but it had been a lot worse now the last month. I`ve been with a dealer and read out the fail codes, it seems to be a wire brake or something, i hope you understand my bad english :)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i don`t think so
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will prevent cruise control from operating and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. The first step in diagnosing the problem was to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there based on the findings. The problem could be with the brake switch circuit, the cruise switch circuit, or a seemingly unrelated powertrain issue.

Do you know the exact fault code numbers or worded descriptions?