UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cant find the thermostat on my nissan navara 56 plate,

Customer Question
Hi cant find the...

Hi cant find the thermostat on my nissan navara 56 plate

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Nissan Navara. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Theengin was just over heating

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
8/2/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

With my info being limited ( but no one else here has replied) it is difficult to say for sure exactly where this is located.On most all models it is located at the end of the upper or lower radiator hose ( with the upper being most common) on the engine side.Usually there is a small housing that is seen and removed at the end of one of these hoses to access and replace this thermostat.Make sure the radiator fins are not covered in debris and that the engine fan is o.k. as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete