UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2006 Ford Escape radio is locked, the serial no,

Customer Question
Hi, My 2006 Ford...

Hi, My 2006 Ford Escape radio is locked , the serial no, 6EBGAG)12140 can you help to recover code.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes and no book in glovebox.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

No sure what to do, think we need code for it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

6EBGA010272 is the number off the unit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
8/2/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 11 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately since no one has posted the radio code info here this can indicate this code can be difficult to obtain.This usually has to be obtained from a dealer from your vehicles VIN or the radio serial number.They may or may not charge a fee for this and usually want to see proof of vehicle ownership as well as a photo ID.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete