UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Vw golf 2.0 litre tsi blowing oil out exhaust performing…

Customer Question
Vw golf 2.0 litre...

Vw golf 2.0 litre tsi blowing oil out exhaust performing well not misfiring using oil only got 103000 km on clock

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

At vw 90 000 km service

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 VW?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No but its at a workshop done a compression test checked the turbo and don't have any answers

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: UK Car
8/1/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the turbo was checked and tested properly and is found to be o.k. ( this is the most common cause for this issue) this may be a fault with engine oil rings on the pistons ( the compression will still be good but the oil rings can leak in some cases) or possibly a fault with the cylinder head gasket leaking.In most cases it is the turbo that leaks and causes this fault.I would have this double checked to see if this is the cause and if found to be o.k. I would have the head and head gasket checked and piston rings.Have the engine ventilation system checked as well to see if any components are plugged.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

was there not a problem with this model of vehicle if the rings are going will the plugs get full of oil and it will start misfiring
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

Yes this is usually the cause but I wasnt sure if you were seeing any nasty looking spark plugs here so I put it out there as a possibility.

If you have a cylinder head gasket leak though ( which can occur and can be common ) then this can allow oil to flow past an oil port into the exhaust itself.This is one of the more common leaks that wont cause any running issues.I would have this checked into to see if this is the cause here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli