Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

2003, BMW E46, 320 D My Radiator Fan didn't work. There is

Customer Question

2003, BMW E46, 320 D
My Radiator Fan didn't work. There is 12 Volt Plus and Minus on the plug beside the Radiator. I changed the Fanmotor with the electronicbox. Now the Fan is running all the time also without ignition on.
How can I measure the Signal from the DDE Computer?
Best RegardsWalter
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2003, BMW E46, 320 D
Best
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you havent yet, check for any shorted or damaged wiring leading to the fan motor itself.If there is any damaged wiring this will need repaired to resolve this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The problem id that i don' t have a wiring diagram of this engine.

Unfortunately my diagrams do not match up to this model completely.Have you inspected any wiring leading from the fan at all?