sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

2009 1.8d keeps cuting out when first started. error code

Customer Question

2009 1.8d keeps cuting out when first started. error code p0605 pcm rom error and u0100 lost cummunication with pcm
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 165000 . yes delphi diagnostics
JA: What is the model of your '09 Ford?
Customer: mondeo
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fixing my self. it had a pcm update from ford 2 year ago for same problem and been okay until now. checked as many wires for splts etc and connections and earths as possible by picking wires apart one by one checked fuses and got 62 ohms from obd port for high speed network.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: seems to cut out while pcm doing its self checks then powers down or shuts down or loss of power
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This indicates an internal failure in the powertrain control module (PCM). It will need to be replaced. U0100 sets in other modules when they cannot communicate with the PCM, the P0605 sets in the PCM when it has seen a failure in itself.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!