UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I get no ignition lamps when i turn the key, wheel lock is…

Customer Question
I get no ignition...

I get no ignition lamps when i turn the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Wheel lock is released, the car is in park and i press the break pedal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Uplander, 3.9, 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I change the fuse "2" for the rear windows, becuse it was blown. After that, there come much smoke from the lower back side of the car, nearly the motor of the sliding door. i remove imidiately the fuse. After that, i have only 9 V on my battery, but when i get help from a backup battery, only the motor-chek lamp and the instrumet light is shining, but no other control lamps.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have removed and checked all fuses (motor side and passenger side) nd checked two time, if the position of the fuses are correct.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
7/30/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Are you getting any codes?