UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 megan III failing to start intermittently....battery…

Customer Question
2010 megan III failing...

2010 megan III failing to start intermittently....battery and connections ok and earth points ok. When car does start it runs 100%....my thinking is it's the uch and I tried a configuration on the uch and now car is completely dead, dash not lighting up and nothing working. Would I be right in think it's the uch ? I've checked for water ingress in fuse box and uch and couldn't see anything and I have checked all fuses l...any help would be appreciated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes fuses ok and I brought an cable to directly from the earth cable to the body

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2010 Renault Megan 3 1.5dci

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am....I've it all stated in first message what I have checked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's everything I can tell you so far I just want to know if I'm right in thinking it's the uch

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Car
7/30/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Merc320, UK Car Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, UK Car Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

My first thought is the imobilizer playing up.

You may have to get an electrician to test it or by pass it.

this is not uncommon with Renaults.

Please what is the UCH ???

Uch is the Renault term for body control module.
Would the immobiliser cause no dash lights or anything to work ? Radio, clock, central locking etc. Car is completely lifeless

Hi

The immobilizer cuts everything out.

Ok how do I test the immobiliser to confirm that

Hi

You will have to get an electrician to test it and maybe by pass the system.

Ok I'll try that thank you

No problem good luck.