Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

ALARM SYSTEM ACTIVATED AND CAR DOES START, YES HEAD LIGHTS

Customer Question

ALARM SYSTEM ACTIVATED AND CAR DOES START
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: YES HEAD LIGHTS TURN ON AND HORN IS LOUD AND CONSTANT .HAD TO PULL THE FUSE
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 Audi S6 4.2L
JA: Are you fixing your S6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only tried to start it but without success, Starter turns over but does not start the engine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent tried this yet, try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote/key fob to see if this resolves the fault here.In some cases this works.If this is or was checked already and does not resolve this fault let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried locking and unlocking the key several times did not work

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last few days.

Did you try locking and unlocking with the remote/key fob at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried. it also didn't solve the problem

I apologize for the delay.

O.k., what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect an alarm component like a door latch/lock is failing causing this issue with it needing replaced unfortunately.This is the most common cause and usually the drivers door latch/lock that fails since it is the door that is used the most but it can be any other alarm component at fault as well so the codes do need read out to help locate the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete