Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Saab 95 2007 cooling fans are not working on high speed and

Customer Question

saab 95 2007 cooling fans are not working on high speed and when stopping after going up a mountain 400 meter water comes out of expansion tank
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: removed thermostats and checked working ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases the high speed cooling fan relays can fail and causes the no high speed operation.Without having high speed this can cause a slight over heat issue when the engine is under load like when climbing a mountain which will cause the water to over flow from the expansion tank.

I would replace both high speed fan relays.These may be able to be obtained from a local parts store.The relays are located in the under hood fuse and relay panel as shown below.Replace these and if the issue does continue then you may have a faulty engine coolant temp sensor needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t277keufgtkc441/r-07-26.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnnrj5l7kl13xzd/re-07-26.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?