Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have a Dodge Nitro 09, my blowers are constantly stuck on

Customer Question

I have a Dodge Nitro 09 , my blowers are constantly stuck on high with the air coming out medium temperature. My partner has had someone look at it and removed something to turn them off completely for now! If someone could help i can't handle having no air con in this heat!! :(
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: Sorry my internet connection was playing up. No we haven't checked that because you can't alter the dial up and down it's just constantly on :/
JA: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's in with a mechanic now, we haven't tried anything i just thought I'd ask before i get hit with a massive bill if this was a common faukt.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fault sorry
Category: UK Car
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. So the blower motor(inside fan) is only working on high? or no matter what setting?

What size engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HelloIt doesn't matter what setting it's on, it's constantly on.
It's a 2.8 diesel automatic.
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, but I do not have information on Nitro diesel engine, only Petrol. I will open this up to others who may have that information.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Hi .

Did you sort out this issue with the Air Con .

Greg

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No Greg not sorted it. Behind the glove box there's two leads that av been unplugged to the box when you plug them back in the blowers are on, you can't ajust them they're just on high.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Okay this will be the A/C blower motor resister ,

All you need to do is replace the resister .

Check attachment .

Part number Mopar.6800399AA cost around 20 quid.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Greg sorry for late reply,
I ordered that part for you said, now jeep have rang and said it's not the a/c blower it's the resister module and cost £170 :( not sure if that's right!?Thank you Kirsty