How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tour-de-UK Your Own Question
Tour-de-UK, NAISE Certified
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 7368
Experience:  NAISE Certified 1984, ASE certified 1985
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Tour-de-UK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a new front shock absorber on my R Class Mercedes

Customer Question

I need a new front shock absorber on my R Class Mercedes please
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: R class(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been to inspection and front right S.O. needs changing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, the car has 76000 km only on the clock and is left in the garage most of the time. I therefore seek the best price to have it repaired.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Tour-de-UK replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Tour-de-UK replied 7 days ago.

The labor guide says about 3 hours labor to replace one front shock, so whatever that translates to in your currency there times their hourly rate should be roughly what they should charge for the labor.

I cannot search for the shock absorber there in your parts stores cause I only have USA stores and I am sure it would be too much to ship it from the USA.

Expert:  Tour-de-UK replied 7 days ago.

For comparison though, has about the best prices that I know of in the USA and they have a single BILSTEIN 24166621 Shock Absorber for $171.79

Expert:  Tour-de-UK replied 7 days ago.

Also, here are the instructions.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Related UK Car Questions