Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

The garage cant fix my car. The engine management light and

Customer Question

The garage cant fix my car. The engine management light and ESP light come on every two or 3 days and car has no boost (might be limp mode). In the past three weeks we have changed
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: Well go an oil change back in April and it started coming on almost immediately after that
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Mondeo 2008 mk4 2ltr CDTI
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No at the local garage. They're giving me it back today and its still not fixed. Theyve changed the turbo boost pipes, and smaller pipes that lead to turbo,the air intake pipe, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the EGR valve, cleaned the injectiors, cleaned MAP sensor and lots of other sensors car should be running fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its happening more and more. Getting worse and local garage think it might need a new turbo. Ive done 111k on the clock and mostly motorway miles
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

What i need you to do is see if the check engine light is ON when the engine is running .

If the light is on then you need to find a shop that can check for any engine malfunction codes .

From the codes i will then be able to assist you with this issue .

Looks like a lot has been done and to have no fix is sad,

Looks like they went the wrong direction is diagnostics or they did on assumption .

See if you can get me the codes .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..