How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eric Your Own Question
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 32057
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's a IQ diesel. While riding in a straight line the VSC

Customer Question

It's a IQ diesel. While riding in a straight line the VSC light comes on followed by a total loss of power. This happens once a week.
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: The codes my local Toyota dealer read were: P112, IAT sensor?, P1121 sensor throttle body and C1201 Engine Control malfunction. They cleaned the throttle body, cost me 112 Euro. Unfortunately the problem remains.
JA: What year is your iQ?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your iQ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ik looked if the ABS sensor contacts were clean at the back. On the front I looked into the hubs for dirt. Everything was ok. I opend the pedalbox and cleaned the contacts, everythig already seemed clean. Now I'm looking onthe internet if someone had the same problem fixed. The car runs fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had an aftermarket cruisecontrol built in by a professional company. It works fine. Could that be the cause? And which sensors are held to be accountable for a failing stability-system and are they easy to replace? The car runs without problems if I switch of the stability system before leaving.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.


Usually with the iat sensor and the throttle sensor, you need to replace the iat sensor and the pedal sensor.

For the C1201, I need to get the vin number to pull schematics and testing procedure for it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Eric, have been travelling, hence the delay. The VIN-number: JTNMC11050J003401
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry but I will have to opt out as this one is not in my database. If another expert can help, they will post here to you

Related UK Car Questions