Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Eclipse 2001,turn key all ignition lights come on engine

Customer Question

eclipse 2001,turn key all ignition lights come on engine doesnt turn,doors lock,but unlock when released
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Eclipse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried disconnecting battery(after it failed to start,stopped for fuel)left 30 seconds,still same
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: key fob working ok,all electrics work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Have you checked for power down at the starter? If not, this is your next step. You could just have a faulty starter motor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when turning ignition key,all relays click,cant reach starter motor,stuck on garage forecourt
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
automatic
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

If your planning on taking matters into your own hands, you will need to reach the starter motor.

If the starter motor is bad and your planning on replacing it, you will need to reach the starter motor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Which ever way you slice it, you need to gain access to the starter motor to check for power.

The only other possible way I can think of to test or check this circuit would be to do all of the testing at the starter relay.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

But ultimately, if the starter is faulty, you will need to replace the starter motor and of course requires you to gain access to it. :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It seems to be electrical.maybe not showing ecu in park.is it possible to bypass park message on automatic?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Permanently or temporarily for testing purposes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Temporary
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

You certainly can

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

With a jumper wire.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee