Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

It was driving good, 2012 200 l4 2.4l, There is a battery

Customer Question

Hey
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: It was driving good
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2012 200 l4 2.4l
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There is a battery sign and a bolt thunder bolt like sign on my dash iam not sure if its the battery
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No i havent checked it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: All the lights are workin but tge car wont start
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A battery sign and a bolt sign is on the dash
Expert:  Lou P replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P replied 2 months ago.

the bolt sign is the electronic throttle body the issue is most likely a failed throttle body. the best thing to do to make sure is to get a scanner from autozone and read the codes (they loan them out for a deposit) then we can check the codes to confirm the issue. the electronic bolt always indicates a failure with the electronic throttle system. either the gas pedal or the throttle body, most times 9/10 its the throttle body. super easy to change. hope this helps, Let me know if you need more info, I will do what I can to help, Lou P. Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P replied 2 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Lou P.